A letter from Tri Delta member: Hailey Woods



    As a young girl watching my older sister pledge Tri Delta, I was introduced at an early age to the bond and sisterhood that being in a sorority brings.  Quite often I would be that annoying little sister who begged to spend the night with her at the amazing "Delta Dome" or tag along to Derby Days and other special events. I watched with wide-eyed anticipation as she and my mother painstakingly painted intricate chandeliers on her Delta Dome walls and navigated the African safari as my younger sister participated in the newest version of "Delta Tunes." I always looked up to my older sister and these fond memories left an impression on me. I knew someday I wanted to follow in her footsteps.  
      Continuing the legacy set before me, I also pledged Tri Delta. I entered rush with eyes wide open, taking in each and every moment and giving every house my upmost respect and consideration. It was that unforgettable moment as I stepped into the Tri Delta house, covered in goosebumps and chills, that I knew instantly I wanted to call this place home.  
       Pledging Tri Delta awarded me many special opportunities, but one of the most cherished will be the "family" I became a part of.  Not only did I gain hundreds of beautiful and intelligent sisters but I also received the most amazing "big" and "twin" I ever could have imagined.  My "big" is always there for me day and night, and offers me unconditional love and support whether I deserve it or not.  My "twin" is my soulmate as well, she finishes my sentences and literally is my other half. This sorority of young women have become woven into my soul and play a huge part of the young adult I am becoming.   
     One of my proudest Tri Delta moments has been our participation in St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Coming from a family who is dealing with cancer, I have seen first-hand the effects this devastating disease has on families.  Being a part of something that is so much bigger than ourselves is so rewarding and remarkable. To see that Tri Delta is making a selfless difference in the world makes it all come full circle to me.   I am excited to embark upon another rush season and see the look of  excitement and anticipation on the faces of new members. The best is yet to come.

Delta love and best wishes to recruitment,
Hailey Woods
    

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment