Four Years Too Fast

As I’m approaching my senior year, or in my case my last semester of college, I can’t help but tear up a little realizing how fast these past three years flew by. Going into college my freshman year, so my people told me to never take any moment for granted, but you don’t realize it until you’re a senior and the real world is approaching fast.  
It felt like just yesterday I guilted my mom into letting me join a sorority. I remember walking into the Tri Delta house and it feeling like home. I know that sounds cliché, but it was that easy. I remember having a conversation that seemed like it went by so fast and felt so genuine because it wasn’t awkward or forced. I’m so thankful for that day, because looking back at all the fun and lasting memories I have made are all because of who Tri Delta brought into my life.
My freshman year roommate and suitemate were also Tri Deltas and nothing compares to having a study partner you can rely on, staying up until 4 a.m. just talking about life or convincing each other that it’s a good idea to sneak a guinea pig into your dorm room. I’ll never forget when sophomore year rolled around and PC ‘14 had a Tri Delta takeover in Village on the third floor, or having my first little run into my arms and finding a forever-best friend. After the spring semester flew by, we all cried knowing we had to leave each other for three months during the summer, but then we got so bored being home that we took a random road trip to Tennessee to visit the Tri Delta Place at St. Jude. This past year, as a junior, felt like it went by faster than any other year. We spent most of our year staying in and watching movies because we were too lazy to put makeup on, and I will always cherish being in a group message with seven of my closest friends that constantly blew up my phone.
These past years I have found who I am, made so many memories, and found my best friends all because of Tri Delta. I’ve found friends that have stuck by my side through all the ups and downs and have encouraged me to be a better me. They have been there to wipe my tears and hold my hand when I needed it the most. Also in these past few years, I have fallen in love with St. Jude and I am so proud to be a part of something that saves lives every single day. I can’t believe my time at SFA and as a Tri Delta is almost up. I know I’m leaving SFA a better person than I started and I am so thankful for that. College has gone by way too fast, so take it from a senior, please enjoy every moment and don’t take it for granted because it’s the best four years of your life.

DLAM,

  Sarah

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment