Finding Cures. Saving Children.






Tri Delta means so many things to me, all of them holding a special place in my heart. But the one I hold dearest is our philanthropy, St. Jude. Just a little background of me, I am an elementary education major, and I am incredibly passionate about helping kids in any way I can. Going through Recruitment this was a value I knew I was looking for in my future home, and from the moment that the St. Jude video started playing, and I saw that passion that resonated from the women around me I knew I had found my home. 

From Pancake Breakfast to Triple Play, Tri Delta celebrates the children of St. Jude year round. Not only do I get to celebrate the miracles that take place at St. Jude, but I have the privilege of being our chapters Philanthropy Chairman. What this means is that I get to plan all of our philanthropy events, work hand in hand with our St. Jude representative, and even visit the children of St. Jude in Memphis on a Tri Delta tour. I think what speaks out most to me about St. Jude is that the hospital takes in families who are truly facing the most difficult periods of their lives and provides them with comfort, compassion, and most importantly cutting edge medical care. The real kicker is that not one family in the history of St Jude has paid one bill!! How absolutely amazing is that???


I think something that is so important, especially as you all begin this exciting journey, is that you not only find a chapter that makes you comfortable, but that you find a chapter that makes you passionate. St. Jude is a motivating force for me; something I keep in the back of my head and use as motivation when I am planning all of our events and fundraising for St Jude. Part of growing up and being in college is finding something you are passionate about and letting it guide you. I have found this in St. Jude and my position as Philanthropy Chairman. So I encourage everyone going through recruitment to listen about all of the incredible philanthropies, and find one that makes you as passionate as St. Jude makes me!!

Delta Love,
Jordan Tittsworth
Philanthropy Chairman

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment