A Letter to my Pledge Class: Dear Fall '14



When all the fun of recruitment is said and done and you’re at your new home with your new sisters, this is when you’ll get to know your pledge class. It’s the group of girls that went through recruitment and with whom you pledged your sorority. These girls will have a bigger impact on your life than you could guess in that moment. I was a member of the Tri Delta Fall 2014 pledge class and this is my letter to the spectacular girls of PC ‘14.

Dear Fall ’14
I have been trying to write a letter that encompasses the past 3 years, with the greatest pledge class of all time, and it can’t be done. No letter I write can explain how much I have valued and loved every single one of my PC sisters. Freshman year, no one could have imagined the role these girls would play in my life. Each one has given me a different quality or taught me a different lesson along the way. For example, Morgan has shown me what true loyalty to your friends looks like. Amanda made me more creative. Madeline taught me not to take crap from anyone. Theresa taught me to be positive in any situation. Megan showed me how to laugh at myself. My friend, a Rho Gamma, has given me some of the greatest dance moves I have ever seen. Sarah has challenged me to be a better student and Ally always keeps me laughing. In 2014, we were all timid 18-year-old freshmen; now, we are confident 21-year-olds going into our senior year of college. I can’t help but think of how proud I am to call myself a Tri Delta and a member of the Fall 2014 pledge class. Looking back, I couldn’t imagine going though my years at SFA without the most amazing, strong, smart, and caring women I have ever met. I have nothing left to say but thank you. Thank you for being my pledge class, my girl squad, and my best friends.

Your pledge class isn’t just a group of girls you went through recruitment with; they are the girls that will be your best friends, your shoulders to cry on, your late night taco bell runs, your study partners, and so much more. Yes, recruitment is fun, getting to see all the houses and talk to all the girls. But if you ask me the most fun I have had, it’s been nights out with my PC or having slumber parties with a huge group of girls. In my opinion, the best part by far is running to your new home with your new pledge class. Enjoy the ride and have fun, ladies.

Delta Love And Mine,
Linsey

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment