Living in the Delta Dome



After joining Tri Delta my freshman year, I fell in love more and more with my sisters every day. When I didn’t think my experience could get any better I was given the opportunity to live in the Delta Dome spring semester of my sophomore year. Not only did I move in the house, but I was granted the room that was right next to my beloved big. When people find out that we live in one house with a generous number of girls, their first thought is “wow that’s crazy”. But I can honestly say that it was the best semester out of the 2 years I had been at SFA. Every day I was continuously surrounded by such strong and empowering women. And as the weeks went on, I felt myself grow not only as a woman, but as a student. There was always someone home to study with, there was always someone there to get a midnight snack with, and there was always someone there to watch your favorite movie in the chapter room with. At this time in our lives, things can often get hard, and just when I felt like my world was crashing, I reminded myself that I had my sisters along my side. I easily could go right next door to just say hi and my day would instantly get better. Whether you want to go out and have a good time or stay home and binge watch Netflix, you will never be alone. I am so unbelievably grateful to have experienced living in the delta dome and I can't wait for this upcoming year to do it again. There are so many cherishing memories I would love to share, but this blog would be 10 pages long. I will say that one of the best advantages of living in the house is being able to share each other's clothes and getting ready together. Personally, I am very intrigued with fashion and makeup. When it is time to get dolled up, someone is usually playing music while we all show off our outfits and boost our sisters up. For me it was the little things that mattered. Just after one semester of living in the house I will never be the same. I am stronger, wiser, and more confident. It was so nice to know I was never alone, we truly are one big family. The Delta Dome is my home.

Delta Love,
Ashley Washington
Recruitment Team

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment