If I could do it again, I would still choose Tri Delta



The transition period from high school to college is both a scary and exciting time. There are many detrimental decisions one must make that ultimately determines their future, and while that can be stressful, it gives high school graduates the chance to decide what they want to do and who they want to be.
I am so thankful I was given the opportunity to continue my education at Stephen F. Austin State University and to be given that fresh start. When choosing who I wanted to be, I chose to be a Tri Delta, and as cliché as it sounds, it really was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. If I could do it again, I would still choose Tri Delta. 
 I was never opposed to being in a sorority, but I was hesitant not knowing if Greek life was for me. That being said, the decision to go through Panhellenic recruitment my freshman year was one definitely made last minute. Time flew by that summer and before I knew it, I was all moved into Hall 14, stressing about the week to come with classes beginning, rush starting, and how I had no clue what I was going to wear. My rush experience was amazing and one I will never forget. I made a mental list of things I was looking for in a sorority such as genuine friendships, similar values, diversity, and involvement in the community and their philanthropy. Throughout the week, Tri Delta stood out to me by exceeding all of the wants on my list to a T. There was never a question if the conversations/ girls were ingenuine. They pushed their values of authenticity, openness, and friendship. The involvement and passion they had about St. Jude couldn’t go unseen. In a week, these girls exhibited to me how Tri Delta rose above the sorority stereotypes.  
Becoming a Tri Delta has exceeded my expectations of being in a sorority. This group of girls has always stayed true to who they are and who they proved themselves to be during my rush week. Tri Delta has provided me with friendships that will last a lifetime. It has lead me to meet the girls who have supported me through my toughest decisions, given me a shoulder to cry on, and made some of my best memories with. Tri Delta has encouraged me to come out of my shell and become more involved on campus and in the community. Tri Delta has given me the opportunity to help make a difference in the world by raising awareness and money for our amazing philanthropy, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
This chapter continues to help me grow every day into the woman I want to become. I am so proud to be a Tri Delta.

Delta Love,
Maddie Dudash
Vice President of Public Relations Assistant







Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment