Its Never Too Late To Find Your Home




This is our sister Jasmin's story about rushing as a Sophomore. While many believe Recruitment is strictly something for incoming Freshman, that is simply not true. Recruitment is for any young lady in college who is looking to become apart of a sorority, and finding true, everlasting friendships, and making memories that last a lifetime. Age, classification or college experience does not matter when you go through Recruitment, all that matters is being true to yourself and finding a chapter that truly makes you feel complete. This story is not to discourage Freshman from going through Recruitment, but instead to show that Recruitment isn't about your age, it is about finding sisterhood. It is never too late to find your home. 

As cliché as it may sound, going Greek was definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made. Especially going through the process as a sophomore. Even though I knew I wanted to go Greek when I started looking into colleges in high school, I didn’t go through the process until the Fall semester of my sophomore year. 
When the time came to move in my freshman year and for recruitment to start, I was beyond excited. However, personal matters came up and Greek life was no longer an option for me at the time. I was torn up from that but I used it to my advantage. Freshman year can be difficult and for some, and it’s better to take things one at a time instead of putting everything on one plate. For me, my freshman year was a time to finally find my true interests and myself. I was able to discover myself in a whole new way and in a whole new setting. I was able to focus on my academics and build a network of friends from all different kinds of backgrounds. However, I still felt like something was missing. In high school I was always apart of something, whether it was yearbook, softball, dance, or student council. When I came to SFA and was no longer a part of an organization it made me miss being a part of a team. I was extremely hesitant at first. I felt that recruitment was a process deemed only for incoming freshman and I would feel like I didn’t belong. However, recruitment is not meant to make you feel that way at all, especially when you find the right chapter. This process is meant for everybody and is a way to find your home, your friends, sisters, and soul mates regardless of what your academic classification. 
I believe that going through Recruitment as a sophomore could actually be beneficial for someone who is looking for the right home. My freshman year I got to know girls from every chapter so I had an idea of what each chapter stood for and it definitely made my recruitment process easier when I saw some familiar faces. I also grew and changed a lot in just one year. Waiting that one year to find yourself and think about what you truly value could definitely be what helps you find your home. I know it did for me. 
Joining Tri Delta has been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life, even if I did join as a sophomore. Regardless of what year you go through Recruitment, when bid day comes and you are all sitting around in your white shirts, waiting to open up the envelope that holds your future, you are all equals. Everyone in the Greek community just wishes that you will find what you have been missing. I found my other half in Tri Delta. Through Tri Delta, I am able to be a part of a sisterhood unlike any other. I have gained true friendships and bonds that will last a lifetime. It’s never too late to go through recruitment and gain those bonds on your own. Do some research on each house and see what they stand for, what their philanthropy is, and what they each can offer you in becoming a better person. Even if you are unsure, just sign up and give it a shot! You never know what’s behind those big mansion doors.

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment