Finding Where I Belong

Joining Tri Delta three years ago was an opportunity of a lifetime. I not only gained 100+ sisters but I became a part of such an amazing organization. The bonds that I am surrounded by everyday constantly remind me that I made the right decision to go Greek. Tri Delta gave me a sense of belonging that I didn’t have before. I know that I ended up exactly where I was supposed to be because of all that the chapter has brought to my life.
Transitioning from High School to College can be the best but hardest time of your life. You are becoming an adult and your life is constantly changing, but most importantly you are finally finding out who you are as a person. When the thought of joining was first introduced to me, I really was unsure on how I felt. It wasn’t until I met an older girl on campus whose words forever changed my mind on Greek Life. She spoke so highly and positively about her sorority and all of the experiences and opportunities that came from her four years at SFA & Greek Life. This hit home for me, because that is what I’d been looking for. This girl just so happened to one day be my big in the chapter, and also my biggest role model. From that moment forward I knew exactly what I was looking for when choosing which home I belonged too.
I found my home with Tri Delta during formal Fall Recruitment in 2014. Becoming a panhellenic woman taught me that I am a part of something so much bigger than myself. The “perpetual bond of friendship,” as Tri Delta’s purpose states, has shown me that there is an unconditional love that comes with joining a sorority. The countless memories are never ending and my sisters stand by me through my good and bad times. They consistently push me to be a strong independent woman, and I am forever grateful. They encourage me to be grow as a young woman, and most importantly to be passionate about our philanthropy and helping others. The devotion and determination that each and every single one of my sorority sisters has towards our philanthropy in inspiring. Still to this day, they continue to teach me life lessons and encourage me to be the best version of myself.
Finding a home away from home is an experience I encourage everyone to try. The memories I have shared with my sisters will always hold a special place in my heart. I will forever be grateful for Delta Delta Delta and for the chance to finally find where I belong.
 

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment